Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Wooo Hooo.....Finally a baby tomato!

Early this morning, on my garden tour, I found this 'first' tomato. It's not as big as it looks.....just about the size of the end of my thumb.

Then later today....I found more. We're on our way to tomatoes! Yeah!!
Finally I succumbed and put the oven on this morning to make the Maple/Pecan granola from the What Geeks Eat blog. Just search granola at the bottom of her page and you'll find the recipe. It was SO easy to make and SO GOOD. I baked it on parchment, stirring every 10 minutes.

3 comments:

Sarah Ryhanen said...

yee haw! im so happy!!

Vanessa said...

I found my first tomato yesterday too. I actually talk to my plants like they're cute puppies...encouraging them to grow more...I know, I'm sort of looney!

I have to make granola too...be careful, it never lasts long and you'll be like me having to make it every week.

Susan said...

Vanessa! I love your blog....and broccoli! After eating it for years because it's so good for you...I decided I don't really like it all that much.

And I've already promised granola to my daughter, so I'll have to make more already!