Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Riding the rails


I left early Sunday for a quick, unexpected trip to Rochester. I took the train.
I took the Travel section of the Times which had a front page article called Riding the Rails.

I like the train. You can relax, you don't have to take off your shoes before you get on...
You can use your cell phone, your computer and they have electric outlets for charging.

I followed the Hudson north to Albany...and then west along the Erie Canal. If you look closely you can see an old lock in this photo.
There's talk in the news about a high speed rail from Buffalo to NYC...like the ones from NYC to Boston and Washington, DC. I'm not sure how I feel about that. But the currant trains could sure use some modernization.

Now...back home tonight and back to soapmaking tomorrow.

No comments: