Saturday, November 7, 2009

Cottage Cheese Pie

Why did folks start making pie out of cottage cheese? Did they have a surplus?
In my family we made it. I don't know why. But think how healthy it must be.

I had a small frozen bit of pie crust and an abundance of cottage cheese. It was 3 / $5 at the store the other day..and I like cottage cheese. I often eat it for breakfast with fruit.

So, off to make the pie.

here's the stuff you need:

  1. 2T. flour
  2. 3/4 c. sugar
  3. 1 tsp. cinnamon
  4. 2 eggs
  5. 1 cup cottage cheese
  6. 2/3 c. milk
  7. 2 T. melted butter or cream
  8. 1 unbaked pie shell
  9. nutmeg
And here's what I do. In a 4 cup glass measure I mix 1, 2, and 3. Add # 4 and beat it all up.
Stir in # 5, 6 and 7. Pour into #8 and sprinkle with #9.

Bake as a custard pie. How's that? I put it in a 350 oven and check it after 30 min.
If a knife comes out clean, it's done. Cool and enjoy! Photos later.

No comments: