Friday, December 26, 2008

Boxing Day and holiday melancholia...

It's Boxing Day and I don't really feel like going back to work yet...though I have lots of soap to make.

We had a lovely time with Sarah and Eric last night. We missed Jess who is in Atlanta and couldn't make it home. I'll have photos of Christmas later. Sarah, Eric and Nea took off for Brooklyn early this afternoon.

I often have trouble getting back in the swing of things after a holiday. There is a certain amount of melancholy associated with the holidays. Especially when you get a bit 'older' Thinking about Christmases past, large family gatherings, young kids in the family and those who are no longer with us.

So, I spent the day relaxing. For me that meant knitting on my 'sock' project (more about that later) and enjoying time by a warm fire.


And for Pentti it was watching old 8 mm movies from the 50s.

So tomorrow, I'll get up, go for a walk, make soap and be back to my old self. It's a good thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very good!