Sunday, December 7, 2008

first snow


Just a light dusting yesterday, but it is the first snow of the season.

I'm exhausted from soapmaking this week and I've been thinking of some of the things I know or don't know about soapmaking, especially after my lye volcano this week.






  1. Getting one (just 1) crystal of lye under your thumbnail while measuring sodium hydroxide without gloves is one of the MOST irritating and painful things.
  2. No matter how many times you make the same batch of soap with the same recipe, there are so many variables...that something can still go wrong. Too much heat, too little heat, etc......
  3. You don't need to wear a fragrance when you make soap. People always think you smell good. The bank teller says my deposits smell good...
  4. I really DO love making soap!

But right now...I'd rather be back on the ship with one of these!!



No comments: