Sunday, January 11, 2009

Hotlanta....isn't so hot

but it's a heck of a lot warmer than NY right now.

And, Jessica is here and we're having a great visit.
It's fun to help her furnish her new apartment.

Now it's Monday AM and I've shopped
more in the last 2 days than I do
in 6 months at home.

Ikea, Target, and Bed Bath and Beyond.

....I draw the line at WALMART.
Here are a couple of links as to why: Walmart Watch and Store Wars: When Walmart comes to Town.

Don't get me on that soap box....I haven't been in a Walmart (though we have one a mile away) in 10 years...

I also spent some time yesterday at America's Mart. We have our soaps with a sales rep there in a permanent showroom.

But Jess and I also walked through the temporary booths in Body and Soul (bath and body stuff) and Handmade. This is a HUGE show...and not to be done in high heels, huh Jess!

2 comments:

Sarah Ryhanen said...

but i bet she looked good in those heels!

Susan said...

Yes, she did!

Until she met a vendor who had just had surgery and told her what damage you can do to your feet....

M.