Friday, June 20, 2008

Solstice and Sharing Buddy

The longest day of the year and the earliest summer solstice in 112 years! I love the long stretches of daylight.

Time to get out the red candles, red flowers and raise arms to the east, south, west and north. Purify and renew. Perform a Summer Solstice Ritual. I'm off to get my sage smudge stick that I got in New Mexico and cleanse the house.

Buddy returned today to share the solstice with me. I haven't seen him for more than a month. He didn't stay long, but it was good to see him for a brief time. He's looking a bit better than he did when he came to visit me on Mothers Day. (After his other family shaved his fur!!)

Apparently he has another family and is spending more time with them.

Pentti says we have to let him be free. But I'd like him to move back home.