Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Three Green Salad or what I've learned from my daugter


Sarah has taught me to take a few leftover things from the fridge...and make something out of them. Hence: Three GREEN salad.

I started with these. Three red potatoes. Some leftover, uncooked swiss chard, and baby arugula. The third green....frozen peas.








I cubed and boiled the potatoes. Made pesto from the arugula. (garlic, pine nuts, olive oil and grated cheese) Mixed the pesto with the warm potato cubes and set aside while I steamed the leftover chard and peas. Mixed it all together. Salt and pepper to taste. Added a chicken cutlet. (which I always keep on hand in the freezer) Voila! Pentti did say it looked a bit like the soap I made today with Nori......but there wasn't any leftover!!

No comments: