Sunday, October 26, 2008

Blue Hill at Stone Barns


We celebrated my 60th birthday with Pentti, Sarah and Eric at Blue Hill at Stone Barns on Thursday night.

What an experience. First of all, the grounds are magnificent. I only have one photo and it doesn't do the place justice at all. This is the court yard surrounded by the stone barns. We entered through the passage way you see here.

There are better photos at the link above.

To celebrate fall they have suspended the traditional menu and are offering multi course tasting menus. They just kept bringing out one incredible dish after another. I couldn't tell you what they all were....just that everything was delicious. Oh there was an appetizer with salsify and pancetta and sesame seeds that was incredible. I haven't had salsify since I was a kid.

It was a wonderful evening!

No comments: