Thursday, August 7, 2008

Busy with soapmaking....

The last few days I've been busy with soap. It IS what I do......most of the time.
But I also like to 'pretend' I'm retired...so I end up with a very short candle...burned at both ends.

I'm off to Brooklyn tomorrow and hosting my Mah Jong group this afternoon...so I had to do all of my soapmaking early in the week.

Yesterday I fill every soap mold I have. This morning I'm going to whip up some kind of peach pie from the peaches that were left from the jam I made earlier this week. I like to make a variety of jams that look good together in the jars...like jewels. I still want to do blueberry, elderberry ( I have a bush filled with berries) and plum. Oh...and finally....one pink tomato in the garden. Can others be far behind??



1 comment:

Sarah Ryhanen said...

yea! a tomato! THATS something i never thought of...TOMATO JAM, with hot pepper. so good on a saltine, ya know?
i like your comparison to jewels.